World Trade Center (and my annoying day)
What a day. It started out right with church at 930am. Because it is August and our pastor is on vacation there was no Sunday school. I must admit I was a little excited to have this extra hour to get things done as my time here in California is limited. So Cruz and I headed over to Costco to turn in our pictures hoping to pick them up in a few days. When we got there we realized we had both taken out our Costco cards (with other extra unimportant cards) before heading to Mexico. I asked the lady at the door if we could drop off some digital prints without our cards and she allowed it. For the next 15min we picked out over 200 prints between us to get developed. It was about this time we realized it was a 1 hour photo so we decided to wander around the store until the hour was up. After that hour was complete we walked up to the cashier at the 1-hour and asked where we could pick up our pictures as I handed her the receipts. She told me they would be in the bin to my right in 1 hour. I told her I had turned them in over an hour ago. She informed me the clock started once I paid. WHAT!!!! Who does that?! So we cancelled our order (without even an apology from her). From here we went to Rite Aide only to find prints were 23 cents a piece. So we wasted close to 2 hours and got nothing from it. If only there would have been Sunday school.
We then decided to go and see World Trade Center in Uptown Whittier (stop laughing if you know this theatre...It was only $6!). As I circled the parking lots for a good 5 min I came across a couple who was walking to their car. I was in the perfect place at the perfect time! I had found my spot. I put on my blinker and proceeded to wait for what seemed like hours for them to get situated in there car (maybe 3-5min). Just as they start to back up, front facing me, another car comes from the opposite side. The old lady couldn't possibly! She wouldn't! She did. Swiped the spot right in front of me!!!! I even held the arms up like "what the crap are you doing? Im about to bust out road rage!!!" and she did it right back as she turned in the spot! At this time there were like 4 other spots but it was the principle! On top of this the old farts sit right in front of us in the practically sold out movie.
As for my reviews on the movie: It was very good. Well made. Had a few scenes that were let's face it....stupid but I can get over those and look past them. I can't say that I will ever be able to see it again but I would recommend it to anyone who is ready to relive that tragic yet heroic day.

3 Comments:
hehehe sorry i cant help it
I guess you have adventures even in America
Yeah, I'm tempted to laugh at your annoying day, too, except that I know what that road rage is like.
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home