Thursday, February 08, 2007

Cooking

So I went grocery shopping today and for the first time in weeks I was actually able to buy fresh produce. I forgot to mention before when I was talking about the snow and cold weather that here in North Carolina....it tends to be a little like Y2K. I say this because that's the only other time I've seen a grocery store cleaned out like this. I am talking NO produce, No milk, No eggs, NO bottled water, ect.

Thank goodness the sun has been out for a few days in a row now and I was able to get all the ingredients to make some wonderful pico. Don't worry! for those of you who were there during that after Christmas experience with the Jalapenos I did remember the advice grandma gave me....wear gloves. Since we didn't have those I just used sandwich bags. Kinda difficult but they do the trick.

4 Comments:

At 6:03 AM , Blogger Joanne said...

Crazy North Carolina's! I'm glad you remember the baggies!

 
At 9:29 AM , Blogger KeriAnn said...

you are so domestic!

 
At 12:20 PM , Blogger cacfus said...

Please do another post about the jalapeƱo experience!

 
At 2:24 PM , Blogger Chris Steele said...

Mmmmm...pico. Wanna ship some here? I forgot about the jalapeno incident--and about grandma! Hilarious.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home