Memory Lane
On Saturday a couple of the girls and I had the opportunity to go to the Bryan Center (Health and Retirement Center). We passed out 80 Valentines Day cards that we had made the previous week to the people staying there. The best part however was our trip down "Memory Lane" where the Alzheimer's patients are kept. Upon being let in we were greeted by a tall lady in pink/purple who immediately yelled "Your back!!!!!" and ran up and hugged one of the girls. We then walked into a common area to find about 10 others hanging out. As we passed out the cards there were a few ladies who stood out. One - the lady repeating out loud "4 3 4 3 1 2 1 2 1 2 4 3 4 3 4 3...." and swaying back at forth. When Lisa, a parent with us asked her if she was having a good day she sternly stated "NO" and proceeded to scratch at her shoulder. She then told her she was from the Bible and went on with her numbers. The next lady I noticed was holding a small plastic baby. I went and sat by her and started my attempt at a conversation. Well, I think it was fine for her. She talked to me for about 10min straight but I have no clue what she was talking about or even what she was really saying. You can see her and her baby in action in the video along with the crazy one in purple/pink who is the one you hear laughing throughout the video.
The girls and I loved visiting these ladies and hope to go back soon they definitely put a smile on our faces!

3 Comments:
I'm surprised they let you out!!
Hi Cindy! I have seen your blog before on other peoples blog roll but never have been able to look at it! For some reason I can open it up now! I love seeing pics of you and reading about your life...it has been too long! I miss you and still hope to play some soccer with you at an alumni game one of these days! :) Miss you,
Sarah Officer (Murch) :)
oh man, I hope I'm that crazy when I'm old :)
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home