Sunday, August 20, 2006

Washington

Well I made it up to Vancouver, Washington on Thursday after a record-time drive up here. Just a mere 17.5 hours! Just over the old record of probably around 16 hours. We ran into two accidents with Semi-trucks and some massive road construction through most of Shasta. So what should have taken a max of 15 hours took us the 17.5.

On Friday we went to see the Budds and those wonderful little ones! We got to go for a nice walk to the bank where David works although he was not working instead just playing a little golf with the clients. Must be rough. ;) On our way home we stopped at Sprint so I could get a new phone tax free thanks to the lovely state of Oregon.

Ronda and Keagan drove down after work Friday night but thanks to their experiences with road construction they traveled their last 4 miles in around 2 hours putting them at Meghan's house around 12:45am.

Next morning we were up bright and early to head down to our alumni soccer game at "Corban College" not exactly the school I went to but what do you do. The game was so much fun, almost more fun to be on the sidelines chatting then to be playing. We had 22 players and just 2 of them were girls I had not played with in my 4 years. So it was great to catch up and see people I hadn't seen since I graduated. We tied the current team 1-1...first time that Ive heard of this type of score since Ive been at Western, we always slaughtered those old alumni! Ill get some pictures posted soon.

Last night Renae and her fiancee had a wedding in vancouver to go to so they came and stayed at Meghan's house. It was perfect because I hadn't met her fiancee yet and was thinking the wedding this weekend might be my only opportunity! It all worked out and was awesome to catch up wtih her as well.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home