Possible Job!
About 2-3 weeks ago my friend Alisa called me up and asked if I wanted to go to ignite (the singles group at this church I go to sometimes). Turns out as we got there late I sat next to a lady who just so happened to be a Christian counselor. After a few minutes of talking I gave her my email and she promised to send me some websites. After some research I found that there was a job I was qualified for at House of Hope. The next week I turned in my application and last Tuesday I endured an hour and a half interview. Today I got a call saying that everything looked good and they really hoped they would have good news for me next week. They just needed to check my references. Next, I got phone calls from two of my references! Sounds like things went well so hopefully I will be starting a new job very soon.
The job: I would be a house staff member. Sorta like a mom to 8 or so girls ages 12-17. House of Hope is a place where troubled and hurting girls can stay and recieve a Christian education and Christian counseling. Ill know more about the job as I start to do it but sounds like I would get to take them places like the movies, a hike or of course church. Oh and I would be working 2 nights a week (2:30pm-9am) and every other weekend (Friday 230pm-Monday afternoon). I would also lead a Bible study and cook with them every so often. I am hoping to stay with Starbucks for at least a little while but I haven't discussed those details with my manager yet.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home