And then there were 4...
Well, last Tuesday 3 of the girls from the Alpha (older) house moved down to the Beta house and the other 4 remained. It has been quite the adjustment and often feels like a weekend with just 4 in my house. Unfortunately for the girls, chore times can be exhausting when there are just 4 to do the job of 7 but they are doing quite well and things are becoming less strange every day. We are able to get together with the other girls a couple times a week for things like homework night and FLT (Family Life Training) but it is quite lonely without them. I find myself struggling during meal times to cook for just 5 rather than 10. Currently our house manager is also taking on the job of house staff as she continues to go through the interview process for new staff. So for now I work opposite of her, which is kinda nice seeing as I never have to worry about her doing something weird or not getting something important done. The first new addition to our program will move in this Wednesday but she will be down in the Beta house. So we will keep waiting, and I will enjoy this weekend with 1 girl! :).

1 Comments:
Just like a mom learning how to cook for less when her kids move out! Not easy and I still don't have it down!
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home