Wednesday, August 15, 2007

The Move

Wow. That is all that comes to my mind when I go over the last week in my head!

It all started Thursday. Well let me back up a few days...Tuesday night Julie came home from Colorado/Detroit to pack up her stuff for our move. On Wednesday I went to the house at 230pm - Julie was going to work all day on getting stuff organized. We were to meet her at the office of the new apartment to sign the lease at 930am Thursday morning. Well, lets just say things did not go as planned.

1. Julie calls at 8am - she is throwing up and cannot stop.
2. I call new apartment and see if we can still get the keys if just I sign the lease...as long as I pay this will be fine.
3. 9:00am - New apartment calls and says my apartment is being cleaned and it will be a few hours.
4. My friend Sarah and I go to old apartment to check on Julie and decide to load up my SUV and the truck she has borrowed.
5. Eventually I go to Sarah's with her (she lives in the complex we are moving into) to wait for the call from new apartment.
6. Its 105 degrees + humidity.
7. I finally go to sign lease at 1215pm. We finish at 1pm.
8. I have forgotten to bring my renter's insurance and 2 copies of pay stubs. They are packed. I am not supposed to get keys until they have these things.
9. I get the keys under one condition: Those 3 things are turned in by the time I go back to work ) Sarah and I have to leave at 2pm. (Its 1pm and we have a full SUV and a truck with a couch, 2 mattresses and some boxes in it).
10. We unload a lot of stuff in 45min. Its 105 degrees. I have never sweat this much in my life.
11. We go straight to work and alternate showers during our shift.
12. Julie calls at 10pm-she had to go to the hospital and get an IV. But she is alive!
13. We get off at the house at 9am and head back to move. We take a load in the 2 cars + Julie's but then I go to work at Starbucks at 115pm.
14. I get a text from Julie at work asking if I will help move more stuff after work.
15. At 1030pm I head back and we take a load in all 3 cars. Its probably only 90 at this point - feels good.
16. Saturday we finally have some boys to help and they get the washer and dryer and we get the rest of our stuff and begin to organize it.
17. Sunday I lay at the pool for hours.
18. Monday and Tuesday I am back at the house and today I was at Starbucks.
19. We love our new place!!!!!!!!!!!

1 Comments:

At 9:37 AM , Blogger Joanne said...

I'm tired just reading the story!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home