More Travel
So on Thursday I headed once again to the airport to catch my flight through Memphis, TN to Shreveport, LA to visit Chris, Jon and Emily. I got to the airport a couple hours early so I could actually have a ride there but to my dismay when I checked in the flight was already delayed an hour and 20min. Since my layover in Memphis was only an hour I was a little anxious to figure out a new itinerary. Unfortunately no one showed up at my gate until about 1130am (my flight was to leave at 12pm). Well, when the lady arrived she changed the flight status to say "cancelled." I got in line behind a couple and two other ladies. The couple got routed on US Air through DC and then to Memphis. The next lady was sent to some other airline and the third received a full refund because there were no other flights to Memphis! So when it was my turn I feared the worst and was afraid my fate would be a return to the airport tomorrow...with no ride! Well as soon as she saw my ticket she ran to the next gate over and talked a lady before running back. The gate next to me was just about finished boarding and was off to Detroit....next thing I knew I was on that flight and on my way to Detroit! So I ended up there and then straight to Shreveport getting in only 40min later than I would have on my original flights!!! Only...no luggage. This would have been no big deal since I half expected it and was just glad to be there except that I had to wait about an hour for someone to come take down my number and to not give me a claim number! On top of this I found out the next day when I got my bags that they had been there the whole time!!!!

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home