Board Ford

The other day I glanced toward the top of my windshield to notice that it was just about time for my next oil change. I get free oil changes at Board Ford...If you recall I believe my last oil change took a mere 2 hours...I believe I blocked about that one. Anyway I opted to make my appointment online and the time I suggested was accepted in a follow-up email. So at 1 pm today I drove over and as instructed, asked for Marco. The nice man who was working at the time informed me that Marco was on his lunch but he could help me. Don't ask me why Board Ford would schedule an appointment for Marco when he was on lunch, or why Marco would go on lunch when he knew he had an appointment coming up. Regardless this man took my keys and checked me in. He asked me if I wanted my tires rotated and after a quick explanation of what the heck that was, I agreed that it should be done. At this time I also asked if this would make my wait longer. He said no. I asked how long it would be. He said 1 I repeat 1 hour. Well, I had a few errands to run and with class in the evening I really needed to get some things done. So I called Amberlee and she kindly picked me up and took me to AAA to get Visa pictures and then to target for coffee beans. Before leaving I made sure and told the man who checked me in and he confirmed my cell phone number and let me know he would call when it was ready. By the time those errands were done it was 2pm so Amberlee dropped me off as she had an interview to get to. I went and sat in the lobby. 30min later I guessed he had lost my number as an oil change should never take an hour and a half. I went to the front desk to ask and she told me they were still working on it. So I sat back down and was caught up on the life of Brittany Spears and Kevin Federline thanks to ETV....Which was followed by The Simple Life-Interns. Before I knew it the time was 345pm. At this time I again approached the front desk and inquired about my car. The girl must have sensed my frustration as she turned to her neighbor who was on what appeared to be a personal call on the other phone. Together (without hanging up the phone) they coached each other through the process of finding my car. About this time several nicely dressed men and women quickly walked past us and outside. A minute later a man came back in and asked all of us to get out because there was "a fire in the showroom." It was about this time that we all started to smell some sort of electrical burn and the fire trucks soon rounded the corner. By this time I was about to ask if I could finish the oil change myself and be on my way. That's when...After 3 hours...My car pulled up! As I approached the initial man he just handed me the key and said the tire rotation was free....He must have seen the frustration in my eyes as I snatched the keys and drove off....Annoyed that 3 hours of my precious day off were wasted in a waiting room at Board Ford....Strike 2! (and I don't think I will be trying for 3 anytime soon).

5 Comments:
GRRRR--that is so frustrating. This is where I take after mom, because I would've asked for a manager, or I'd go online to fill out some comments, etc. Stuff like that drives me bonkers--like you said, it's not like you have nothing better to do.
ha ha...that's funny because last time this happened...when I waited the 2 hours I did write them an email and got an awkward phone apology ha ha.
L-AME.
sucks! i went to jiffy lube this afternoon and they changed my oil in about 7 minutes. i even stayed in the car!
dave wonders if they had to go to iraq to get your oil?
Wow. I would have been SO mad. Sounds like you handled yourself well. I don't know if I would have been as patient.
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home