
So a couple days ago I was chatting with my friend Julie who works with Athletes In Action. She is the one who I met on my first tour to Ireland. She joined staff up in canada and so when I did soccer project up there, she was there and she also was on the Brazil tour with me. Well, she is leading the Brazil tour for the second time this summer (her 3rd trip) and was telling me about a need for more people. She asked me to go and said I would probably be on the staff side of it, leading a small group while there. The tour is going to be much like the first one I went on, with visits to schools, orphanages, and games against the same teams that we have started to build relationships with. The trip leaves in early June and ends on the 23rd. I would also have the opportunity to stay longer with Julie and another staff member to follow up with the ministry we have started. The positive aspects of this trip shouldn't need to be explained. What is making my decision a hard one is the facts. I would have to quit my job a month earlier then I was planning (I was planning on July 1st as I go to Mexico for a month on July 6th). It is more expensive this year and I have no time to support raise like I did in the past, meaning most of the cost would fall on me and....well I guess thats it as of right now. So basically I would love some prayer right now that if it is God's will that I embark on yet another journey with AIA, that I would see it and know it and that I would be going for no other reason then to serve him.
1 Comments:
I will be praying--and my only advice is this: GO. God will provide, and you never know when you're going to meet an awesome man, get married in Texas, move to Louisiana, and get pregnant, which significantly limits your mission trip opportunities. Not that they don't exist, they're just a bit different.
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home