And then there was nothing.

So for the past few days or perhaps its already been a week, I have been trying to think up something exciting to blog about. No sucess really...so I thought I could just babble.
I never thought I would say this but work is boring. This is a far cry from a complaint...but it just is. I open now on Wednesdays and we barely broke $1000.00 in sales from 11am-4pm. Now for those of you unfamiliar with how slow that really is...lets see the average person probably spends about $15 on food and drink. Most people coming to our resturant are in families so typically we will see a family of 4. Your now looking at around $45 a family (kids meals are cheaper). That means there were probably around 22 families to come in a 5 hour time period...putting us at an average of 4 families an hour!!!! Thats slow enough to make a person talking to herself in the bar while having a glass of wine seem like your watching the Superbowl....and was it ever.
So besides work I finally started class last week. These will be the last 2 at good ol CSUDH and the last two academic classes for my program. I am taking Perspectives of Drug abuse and some diet class....or wait....its Treatment of Eating Disorders. Ive only been to two classes for each but am finding them to be amoung my favorite so far. I have the same teacher for both, a retired LAPD police officer who retired as a homicide dective. If he doesnt have great stories, no one does. I have been excited for my eating disorders class all along because its really something that I was never able to understand mostly because I don't really know all that much about them. I really became hooked on that class on the first day when my teacher tells us he is teaching the class so that we can help those people because he just can't do it anymore. Its scary to hear the director of an impatient psych hospital and drug rehab center say he cant treat a certain addiction. So I am both excited and scared to learn more about these disorders so I can hopefully be able to walk through them with someone.
So thats me right now...I know I know very exciting. Ill try and make some things happen here soon. Good luck Summer! (She leaves for New York in a couple days to do her art thing).

8 Comments:
That sounds so exciting to me (your classes). It makes me want to go back! But then i remember how expensive it is.. Good times though. Keep me posted on the classes.
Christy
I really love hearing about the classes also. I usually can't wait for you to get home so I can hear the cool stories.
Hooray for last semesters! Then we girls can rule the Hale household with our superior intellects and post-graduate degrees.
word.
that's the perfect picture for the title of this post.
amen.
isn't funny when you feel like you've been really busy, but sit down to blog & can't figure out what to say?! well, i like it that you said something anyway!
totally!
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home