Tuesday, August 22, 2006

Bikes

Well I was hoping to be able to post some pictures but it appears as though I did not bring my cable to connect to the computer so I will have to do that next week.

Yesterday was quite exciting. It all started when Cruz and I decided to ride a couple of bikes down to meet her mom at work. When we got there we got some coffee and chatted while waiting for her to get off work. Then some young boys came in saying the golf course was about to flood (Its a coffee/pizza/mini golf place where Pati is the manager). Upon examining the waterfall Pati discovered someone had forgot to turn off the water that fills the ponds and it was shooting into the main pond pretty quickley. This is when things got intense...as you can imagine it would with a mini golf course about to flood. So after a few phone calls and runs back and forth we located the valve to shut off the water. It was in the ground and after Pati and Meghan couldn't turn it to shut it off they made me do it. I was thinking I would need to use all my strength the whole time it was turning. Turns out when I did that it went really fast so that the knuckle on my thumb scrapped something taking out a good chunk of my skin and I recieved a scrape on my left forearm and a cut on my right. Nevertheless mini golf was saved and we could go on with our day knowing we had done something good.

Shortly after that adventure Pati got off work (she rides her bike there) and we all set off on about a 2 hour bike ride. Once we got back Cruz decided we should also meet her dad on his way home from work (he also rides his bike) and so when he called to say he was off we set out to meet him. Thank goodness he is a fast rider because my butt, which could be bruised, couldn't take much more. I believe this one was just a 30min or so ride.

1 Comments:

At 5:22 PM , Blogger Joanne said...

My hero, saved the day again, I guess your arms were in shape after blowing up the air mattress!!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home