Thursday, May 17, 2007

I Often Forget....

That...

When someone here says "USC" they are talking about the University of South Carolina and not the University of Southern California.

When I say I am going to Washington....everyone here assumes I am going to DC.

When I say I am going to Portland....that means I will soon be in Maine.

5 Comments:

At 6:30 AM , Blogger Joanne said...

OH that is funny!

 
At 8:05 AM , Blogger amberlee said...

Its like you're on a different planet!

 
At 10:38 AM , Blogger Katie Jackman said...

Well the South sounds like it takes some getting used to. Thanks for finally blogging again. I've been waiting and checking. Anyway, Your mom sent me a message and i don't know how to send her one back. She asked where our house is that we are buying. So Joanne if you are reading this, It's in Whittier, by the Whittwood shopping center on Hester Ave. We aren't going anywhere. We can't seem to tear ourselves away.

 
At 3:37 PM , Blogger Chris Steele said...

I feel your pain. LA can mean Los Angeles or Louisiana.

 
At 3:38 PM , Blogger Chris Steele said...

Oh, and people call me a Yankee because of my accent, and I have to point out that California wasn't even a state at that point. So technically, no, I'm not from the "North," but the west.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home