Wednesday, August 30, 2006

Time to Catch Up

Every time I have time to blog I find myself thinking of some random boring simple event that happened in my life and turning it into the dramatic fantastic adventure. Then when I actually have those adventures there is of course no time. (Obviously). So instead of having time to exaggerate every fantastic detail I must summarize a fun eventful week in one blog.

My time with the Cruz family was spent riding bikes, eating on the veranda, laying on the hammock in the sun and watching the OC.

On Thursday of last week Cruz and I headed down to Western Baptist (Corban College) so she could register for a class. It worked out perfect because there was a soccer game going on so that I could chat with Cindy Z (coach's wife), Jen Krug (trainer), and a couple alumni that work on campus. I also ran into my old advisor, Rich Meyers who just like always was able to motivate me and make me feel good about the things I have been doing with my life.

On Saturday morning I drove up to Seattle to hang out with Keagan and Ronda. They moved into a house a couple weeks ago so it was nice to get to see that and of course to hang out. Sunday afternoon I drove down to Renae's wedding in Olympia. Here I got to see more Western Alumni and catch up (since there seemed to be no time at the game). The wedding was beautiful as was Renae. It was definitely hot though as it was in the sun with temps reaching in the high 80s low 90s. Around 730pm I headed back to Vancouver where I stayed the night.

The following morning I drove down to Salem where I met up with Jenni Ohta, a fellow psych major from Western. We caught up over coffee before she headed off to work and I headed down to Eugene.

In Eugene I stayed the night with Julie. She made fajitas for us and 3 of her friends and then we headed to the $1.50 theater to see John Tucker Must Die (Chris you should rent it when Jon is gone you will like it...it was pretty good). The next morning I drove down to Sacramento where I met my brother at "work."

Apparently the Assembly and Senate are "in Session" so this means all the other people like my brother (legislative aide) and people under him get to have a giant pot luck. It kinda reminded me of the dorms during finals....everyone is around but no one is studying. You kinda go from room to room and eat. Interesting.

This morning I drove back down to LA where I will remain for at least a couple weeks.

2 Comments:

At 7:19 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

J E A L O U S!!!!! Glad you got to go do all of that.

 
At 7:41 AM , Blogger KeriAnn said...

I 2nd the JEALOUS statement by Christy. Cynthia, my friend, let me know how NC goes! OR ELSE! :) i'm scary huh?

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home