Turkey Day!

Ok ok so this is actually a picture from last Christmas but Im such a visual person that I couldn't do a post without a picture! This is lil Jakob who I probably haven't seen since this picture. Also the very relative that I drew in our little Christmas gift exchange drawing. He's a little taller now, if possible a little cuter, and somehow skinnier. But anyway....about Thanksgiving....I didn't have to work until 5pm which was very exciting for me. My mom and I went to Grandma's around 12:30pm to find her engrossed in a dog show! she made us watch it until they did the "Best in Show" HA! I told her she had to see that movie! So everyone came over and we ate at 3pm (with our family...certain members of it....2pm=3pm). Shortly after that I was off to work, expecting the place to be pretty dead since we don't serve turkey and the closest thing to it would be the sizzling chicken (according to Jakob chicken and turkey are the same). Well I walked in to find a controlled chaos. Apparently busy all afternoon and definatly stayed that way into the night. Who brings 16 people to Thanksgiving dinner at TGI Fridays!!! I mean I like the place but come on! Don't these people have anywhere else they could be. So I was told last week that if we were dead I could close early. Well I have selective hearing and what I got from that was "you can close early." So starting yesterday we told everyone who asked that we were closing at 9pm. At 9pm we were still on a wait. Luckily we took care of that by 9:15pm as no one else really came in and then magically the doors were locked. Then we get to my favorite part of the night. At 10pm there is a man in the lobby asking for a manager. He tells me that last week he asked a host what time we would be closing today and they told him 1am. I told him that on Thursdays we close at 11pm the weekends we close at 12am and today since it is a holiday and everyone wants to get home to their families, we closed a little bit early. I apologize to him for the misunderstanding of our closing time and he just says "Screw you!!!" and storms out to his family waiting outside. I just stood there for a while and when I went over what had just happened in my head...I had to laugh. It took us until 1230am to get the resturant closed down and cleaned up. I was excited to come home to a slice of warm apple pie and an episode of Dawson's Creek....excited until I walked into my room to see Hershey sleeping on my bed. She is sleeping on my bed because the bed next to mine has no blankets. See the blankets are in the dryer still because last night she decided to sleep in that bed while I was at work and she peed. Well guess whos blankets are in the washing machine as I type! yes you got it...she peed my bed now! grrrrrrrr. The pie was still good and its time for some Dawson!

5 Comments:
That's it, we lock the doors to your room. But hey at least you have clean sheets!
funny, how you didnt mention what dog won best in show... hmm, yes, interesting... :)
EW! the sick ugly one....so ugly that i don't even have a name for the breed! the huskey had it all the way...I don't know what that judge was looking at but it sure wasn't the huskey! Crush was a champ.
YES Crush had the win all the way. There must have been some money exchanged before the dog was chosen!
oh please. and it was a brown bull terrier.
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home