Thursday, April 20, 2006

Obsessed with the blog?

Is it just me or do you find yourself several times a day wondering if the moments you find yourself in are "blogable?" You may not think so from how often I actually get around to blogging but I think about it quite often. Perhaps too much. Example: Today I was making some pico de gallo. I had finished the tomatoes and was on the infamous onions. After half an onion, the onion was winning as my eyes were burning and tearing up. I decided to push through it and finish strong! I was just about finished when the knife slipped. It went into my thumb-pretty deep. If it wasn't my thumb it might need stitches. As I am trotting off to the bathroom I look down at it and the blood is not only covering both my hands but its pooling over the wound. My next thought: I should get a picture for my blog! Then I realized what I was just considering and tended to my wound. Maybe its because I don't do many exciting things and never have any amazing stories to tell in my blog....or maybe I am a victim of the blog....maybe I am blog obsessed.

2 Comments:

At 9:54 PM , Blogger Sarah said...

you're normal. for a while there i was talking about things as blog worthy. now i just do it instead of talking about it. and i've actually taken to planning posts through out the day - like what i'll write about. i used to think that was crazy as i just sat down and free flowed it. but now, i'm fairly consumed.

 
At 3:35 AM , Blogger Chris Steele said...

oh yes, i am also a blog addict. and i get annoyed when people don't blog for certain lengths of time. i also daydream at school about what to say when i get home, or if i don't have time to blog, i'll make a mental list of things to remember to blog. you should look at aaron geist's car wreck post to feel better...

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home