Thursday, October 19, 2006

The NC State Fair

I got to experience a real southern state fair last night. Not that it was much different from any other state fair. It still had its mullets, fried candy bars, elephant ears, funnel cakes, dangerous spinning rides, a three headed snake, drunk rednecks, corn dogs, and various other weird fair things. I had a lot of fun though although sadly I didn't realize until arrival that these types of things are cash only. So I saved some money and sampled all the amazing fried food. I was able to taste the corn dog, fried snickers, funnel cake, and an elephant ear.
This is another Cindy (middle), who works on Staff with Julie (roommate) on the left and Cindy's cousin who works with the animals on the right. They are in front of the cousins favorite cow...I didn't know there were favorites but here it is.
A weird miniature donkey
I love goats!
Some of the people we went with/met there. All of these girls are students at NC State except for Julie, Cindy (from the other pic) and I.
Sorry to disappoint you Jeff but I didn't get any mullet pictures and demolition derby isn't until Saturday night.

3 Comments:

At 8:23 PM , Blogger Joanne said...

GOOD TIMES. So what is an Elephant ear

 
At 10:06 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

That's so exciting that you're going to go to the fair twice! You'll love the Demo Derby!

 
At 9:38 AM , Blogger Cindy Fleischhauer said...

An elephant ear is like fried dough with tons of butter and cinnamon sugar.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home