Time to vent:
On Tuesday nights I have my "Treatment for Drug Abuse" class. We have been doing presentations in the class for the past few weeks. The assignment was to write a paper about ANYTHING that has to do with drugs and then educate the class. We had the same assignment for my "Treatment for Eating Disorders" class. Now when the professor told us to "educate the class" and pick ANYTHING having to do with drugs/eating disorders that meant to me that I should pick something new. Can someone tell my why in my eating disorders class 6 people presented the same facts about anorexia. The very facts that our professor taught us about 4 weeks before this. And why did 4 people present on Bulimia, a subject discussed 3 weeks ago. And why did one person talk about Binge eating....talked about 2 weeks ago. Then in my drug class...why did all but 3 students write papers about a particular drug, all of which we covered individually in class. Thank you Dr. McDaniels. Why was I 1 of 2-3 people to write a paper about something new? Last Tuesday we had just two people to present and what do you know...they were both on Marajuana...who knew. I was hoping to learn something new but turns out we were given the same basic facts that we learned weeks eariler from our Professor as well as read about in our textbook. Well to top it off the Prof then asks our opinion on the legalization of Marajuana. Something that you wouldnt think would be a debate among future addiction specialists. Turns out it was. Well I should say there was one lady who was outspoken about the matter. She spoke to us like she was in a debate class or maybe it was more like she was Martin Luther King back in the day. I dozed off a few times until I heard her say that the government was a part of the drug trade and were allowing it for many reasons. This coming from the same lady who was freaking out a week eariler when we told her she would never recover all the brain cells she lost while smoking crack. This debate went on for just about 2 hours and aside from finishing presentations we accomplished nothing. I got over it excited to get to my dieting (as my mom calls it) class. We didn't have any presentations left (thank goodness) yet the class began with a lady asking some questing about hospitals and treating people with mental illness's. This discussion went on for an hour and a half covering everything from what an inpatient facility should have to why war is wrong and that everyone should stand up for themselves and not enlist (by the way its the same lady...who knew). During this hour and a half I read and vented in my head about what a waste of my time this had been. It was bad enough to take my learning time Tuesday but now Thursday too! I pay just about $30 for every 3 hour class in this program. Ive already taken Abnormal psychology and Ive taken Personality Theory and I believe I had all the political science stuff I wanted in high school. So if I am going to pay $60 a week for this program it darn well better be $60 worth of information on how I can help someone who is addicted to crack or someone who has an eating disorder not why war is bad and why one crackhead thinks marajuana should be legal. If I wanted their opinions on those matters I would ask them after class...on my time. I value every minute of my time and every dollar that I spend! AHHHHHHHHHHHH. Alright...that's better....now I can sleep in peace ;)
On a lighter note...I tried to get a picture of the severed thumb but it just wasnt coming out...so I got a pic of my pico! :)

4 Comments:
Thanks for sacrificing your thumb the pico was delious! I did get a piece of meat in mine though! YIKES
You better make stuff like that next year when you live with me!!! That looks good!
So is it bad that I got really frustrated and annoyed while reading this entry? I seriously think that my blood pressure went up. Maybe I should mail you my palm pilot so that you could at least play solitare (or email if they have wireless available).
Dude! I forgot about that addicting solitare game!
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home