Saturday, May 20, 2006

Another Crazy!

On Wednesday night at work I was hanging out in the kitchen chatting with the expo when our bartender, Sara runs in and says Cindy we have another crazy person! After confirming it was a crazy crazy...and not a crazy Im gonna scream at you crazy....I quickley made my way to the bar for a look. At first nothing was really going on she was just sitting sipping on a long island and starring at another table. That's when I realized she was in pajammas! yep....matching flannel pants and top pajammas. Well I quickley became bored and left the scene. Next thing I know her server is asking if people can take the wine bottle with them if they have purchased a bottle of wine. I tell her no and she says well you might want to talk to the crazy lady because she is packing it up! I make my way to her table and ask her how everything is going. She says fine (she has been very nice from the begining apparently). As I look into her eyes I see that there is nothing there. Definatly strung out and definatly in her 20s although her life seems to have aged her looks about 15 years. I tell her to hang out for a while and finish up her wine because she cannot take it with her. She gladly says ok and switches to a new table. Next thing I know Sara comes over to me and says she is sitting at the bartop now and Im scared she is going to grab the bottles! I told her I would go chat with her because these people really do intrigue me. Well as I get to the bar she is moving to a table and actaully joins two men who quickley pay their bill and leave. I see my opportunity to have a chat and make my way to the table. Well turns out she is from Arizona and just came to California a few weeks ago becase her x-boyfriend who is the lead singer in System of a Down, left her for Gwenn Staffani (I forget how to spell her name) I dont know how the tabloids missed that one....so anyway now she is here in California dating the leader of the Mafia and also she is a member of the Crips (I couldn't tell she was black under all that white skin but whatever). So as were chatting I notice she is eating ribs in a togo box. Apparently someone from the resturant gave her their leftovers. So I grabbed her some bread sticks and she had a meal. She ended up sharing that she was homeless and wasn't sure where she was going to stay (I dont know why her mafia boyfriend didn't help her with this one...perhaps he was on a job or something. She ended up leaving with the bottle when no one was looking and I figured we wouldn't see her again. Well I was off Thursday but yesterday at work I hear that she was in again and was arrested for prostitution right outside the resturant!!!!
Funny but sad. I will miss the interesting people you meet at TGI Fridays, Buena Park.

5 Comments:

At 6:09 AM , Blogger Chris Steele said...

Wow, that is an awesome story. I would give anything for a plane ticket right now so I could come in and do something random before you quit. At least you might still be working with some crazies in Washington...

 
At 7:25 AM , Blogger Joanne said...

So that was the lady I saw in Friday's when I went for the pick up order!!

 
At 3:45 PM , Blogger amberlee said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 
At 3:49 PM , Blogger amberlee said...

That really is sad, I can't even imagine being homeless in my 20's.
Do you think she had some type of schizophrenia with all those dilusions? It seems like with such an elaborate story, it may be more than drugs, I don't know, my knowledge of it only comes from A Beautiful Mind-best romantic story in my book, by the way.
Anyway, see ya soon.

 
At 11:56 AM , Blogger Cindy Fleischhauer said...

well most people who enter treatment actually have a duel diagnosis (mental disorder + substance abuse) but that is something you can't diagnois until all the drugs/alcohol are out of the system because many drugs make the person appear to have a mental disorder. Crack or Speed could be causing some wild delusions, illusions or hallucinations...and she could in fact have a mental disorder.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home