Friday, May 12, 2006

Compton Community College

So yesterday Meghan (Cruz) finally arrived from Portland to stay for the summer. After picking her up from the airport and of course grabbing some In-N-Out we came home to watch last weeks episode of The OC that Amberlee had missed. After this I did some studying for my last final at CSUDH!!!!!!!! and we headed out. We left a little early because I wanted to stop at Compton Community College check out the bookstore and possibly pick up a shirt. So after driving through the campus, which reminded me of my high school only more run down and bigger fences, we spotted the administration office. So we parked and immediatly I felt like I was the first white girl these people had ever seen. We can seriously say that we know what it must have felt like to be a black person 40 years ago. I have never been starred at like I don't belong like that before it was quite nerve-racking. So anyway we head to the admin office and as this lady is walking by and whisper do you have a bookstore? and in a tone that would be one of someone who has just lost a loved one, she whispers back "ohhhh no....we don't have one" so just like that we speed walked back to the car and took off.

So I am officially done with my program at CSUDH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

3 Comments:

At 2:42 PM , Blogger Chris Steele said...

Congrats on your "graduation"! Is this considered a grad certificate?

 
At 9:11 PM , Blogger amberlee said...

Yay!!!!!
Congradulations Cynthia!!!!
You know, if you ace that final exam, who's responsible for it!!! You're awesome and efficient tutor!!

wink!

 
At 12:46 PM , Blogger Cindy Fleischhauer said...

In order to get the official certificate I need to take a test and pay a lot of money to register with an organization. I will wait for that until I am in Seattle and get some internship hours in.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home