Oh Mondays
I wish I would have had my camera at work today.
We have 2 break areas at work. One in the back, which is where all the cooks take their breaks, its near the dumpster and a rather disgusting place. The other we made off to the side of the patio. This is for the front of the house employees. Well this area has been a disaster from the beginning. It goes something like this...Employees leave it a disgusting mess...Managers threaten to take it away from them and make them eat by nasty dumpster with wired cooks....Break area stays clean for 2 weeks.....Break area becomes the disgusting mess it always used to be...So today Javier and I listened to Tim and took away the tables...We put them back on the patio.
A few minutes later I look towards the patio door to see 5 servers mourning over the loss of their tables as they stare at the empty cement.
I then walk to the kitchen to find 3 servers walking in a line with mini signs made from paper with a pen as the post, chanting "no no we wont go....Give us back our break area!" I forget what the signs said but they were quite funny. Needed the camera.
An hour later the restaurant is dead so I head to the kitchen to make a snack. I then head back to the office, a room no bigger then a bathroom fits 2 comfortable perhaps even 3. The desk boarders 2 of the sides of this tiny rectangle, which also holds 2 computers. Well I walk in to find 6 employees jammed in! 4 of them eating and 2 standing and chatting. Then I glance at the door where there is a sign that reads "TGIF Break Area." As I stand in shock the only comment I get is "I hope Tim doesn't take away this break area too."
I will miss Mondays. We got Snickerdoodles!

3 Comments:
I love your employees, so creative :)
That is hilarious. You should tell them to put just as much effort into keeping the break area clean... I want a snickerdoodle!
Dang I should have thought of that! eh...probably would have worked for a week or two.
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home