Yet another crazy
Monday night are always the slowest nights of my week so last monday my parents came in and ate with Meghan. Since normally I just hang out after the "rush" Meghan decided to stay and hang out with me. Well of course this was the busiest Monday EVER thanks to 2 bball playoff games including the Clippers. At around 7pm a man came and sat at the bar and began to read his Bible. I didn't think anything of it other then thinking it was an odd place to "quietly" read your Bible. Well 5 hours later at 12am he was still sitting there and the bartender, Sara came into the office and asked me to help her get rid of him because he kept saying something about going to LA. I figure he is just hitting on her so I go into the bar to ask him to leave (we close at 11pm and he was the last one). I approach him and ask if he is ready to go because we are trying to lock up. He turns to me and says "your going right" and I said "where are we going?" he says "to LA, everyone is going to be there." Sara pipes in from behind the bar "I dont think anyone is going to LA with you its time for you to go home." Of course she isn't afarid to be bold at this point, she has the bar top inbetween them! So then he asks if we have change. At this point I am starting to feel like he is about to rob us and perhaps he was scopeing it out all night. Sara immediatly says she has no money anymore its already been taken away. Then of course a server behind me says he has change and pulls out a big wad of cash...smart. The man retrieves the money from his Bible and we make the exchange. Finally he begins to make his way to the door. We have two sets of double doors in the front, he walks through one of them and stops with his face inches away from the other one staring out. He stands like this for a few minutes. I then ask one of the guys to watch him and make sure he leaves. I went on to work on closing duties and after 10min called from the office up to the host stand where Pedram was watching the guy. He confirmed that the guy was still there and when I asked if he wanted me to call security he told me he already had. I went to the front and when security arrived I explained he hadn't caused any problems, we just wanted him to go and he was creeping everyone out. I then got back to work and an hour later we were ready to finally go home. As Cruz and I were walking to the front we see a police car fly into a parking space in front of the resturant and jump out. We then notice another one and 2 knotts security officers. As we set the alarm and walk out one cop is yelling at the guy who has just stood up, to take his hands out of his pockets. Then they are yelling at him to sit down as they have their hands on their guns! At this point we just quickley walk away.
I will miss these stories!

1 Comments:
Oh my word,I wonder what on earth he did. He may get to go to LA yet...via the jail.
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home