Mexico Travel
What a day. So our flight left at 2 am and being the good travelers that we are, cruz and I arrived at LAX at 1045pm to find complete chaos in the Tom Bradley International Terminal. There were four lines out the door of the place packed with people and bags and more people. So luckily we see a mexicana representative and show her our papers. She points us to the longest line where we work our way in amongst all the families. I must point out we...or I was the only white person in this line. So we wait in this line for 30min....it did not move. Every other line went inside...ours remained. I then ask a different rep for another tag for my bad and by chance she asks if we are on the 130am flight. We tell her we are on the 2am flight and she tells us we are in the wrong line. So we make our way inside and finally find the right line to be in. By this time it must be 1130pm. From 1130pm until probably about 100am we did not move more then 5 yards. The had to check in other flights before anyone from our flight could be checked it. Once they started on our flight it moved quickley and within 10min we made it to the front. I had the man our itinary and he types in my name and goes "you made changes" I look at Cruz and reply nooooooo. He goes "yes you did" and starts typing more. By this time I am ready to cry as I start to sweat. After what seemed like hours of typing in the stupid computer he calls over this other lady and they both begin to look at our stuff. At this point I was thinking this is it...were not going...no mexico for us. Then finally he goes oh! I fixed it and grabbed our passports!!!!! So after checkin we rush to the x-ray machine and get the bags taken care of. Next we go through security which has no line now that its 130am. Finally as were about to pee our pants we make it to the gate and have just enough time for one song on the Ipod and a bathroom run before boarding the plane. The flight was amazing and scary. As we sat in our seats we met Ana, as she asked us in Spanish to help her get her bag up and then she asked Cruz to help her get her jacket off. Throughout the flight she would ask Cruz to turn the air up or down, the light on or off as she was too short to reach it (I know I know Cruz was taller then someone). So the take off was interesting. Many very loud sounds...I thought the landing gear was stuck at one point but knew I didnt have to worry about that until later. So during the flight Ana asks Cruz how much her Ipod was and I help her out with the answer...probably wierd looking to have a brown person asking a white girl to translate. Apparently Ana didnt notice because a few minutes later she asked what the pilate was talking about as far as cell phones go. She told Ana she didn`t speak spanish and all of a sudden Ana spoke perfect English. Who knew. So anway the flight went well, we played a few games of cribbage had a sandwich compliments of the airline and watched ice age 2...I highly recommend it! During the time when the pilate talks about the cruzing altitude and all that jazz he says something about 2 stops and says 2 city names!!!! So now we think we could very well have 2 layovers....well lucky for us he just spoke bad english and I have no idea what he meant. The landing was one I have never experienced before. I think the pilate may have forgot to descend at the right time so all of a sudden we were descending so steep that that we had to put away cribbage since it was sliding down! We also came too close for comfort to some mountains!!! We made it though and now were safe in GDL ready to have a blast!

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home