Brazil #2 - The Crazy kids
So as I scroll through pictures trying to choose which ones are the best for my blog...I realize I want to put them all on because every one of them brings back a special memory. But don't worry! I won't do that because there are way too many and I don't have nearly enough time for that. This group of pictures is from various places we visited during the tour.
In Brazil, you are a celebrity if you come from the United States.
After games you are mobbed by every young kid in the stands. Its funny because they all want you to sign some tiny scrap of paper they have found or stolen from the kid next to them and they are all sharing one pen. They will all ask for an email address so you know over the next week or two you will receive tons of emails in Portuguese. If you have the luxury of time you can translate them and get the gist of what they are saying thanks to online translators but if you reply in English they will email back saying they do not understand. In a month or so it will all be over but I will not forget the smiles on their faces when you told them to make sure they emailed you and gave them a sticker of an American flag. If only American Children were awe struck by a sticker of a flag.


While in Brazil we were able to visit 3 schools ranging from age 5 through 17. At the schools we were the assembly. Students had prepared questions (some of them from English classes so they were required to ask the question in English...Sometimes we still needed the translator). We learned that in Brazilian public schools anything goes as far as speaking about God. They can actually pray in their schools and I am sure if their pledge contained the phrase "One Nation Under God" they would repeat it daily. It was a great opportunity to share with the kids a small piece of who we are and why we were there.

3 Comments:
I want a sticker. And an autograph.
Ill see what I can do...better talk to my agent.
It's for the baby. Think of the children!
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home