Tuesday, October 31, 2006

Oops...H20 is important for Starbucks!

So I had quite the Monday night at Starbucks. The store I work at is very slow mostly because its small and has no drive through. So working nights is pretty uneventful...that is until I work them. I was asked to start mopping the cafe so I went to the mop sink and started filling the bucket. Well apparently I bumped the bucket so that it hit the water main for our store and all of a sudden a stream of water was spraying into my face! I got it under control covering it with my hand until the shift lead could run over and turn off the water. Somehow this little knob thing had broken off. The two girls who I was working with were like "what happened?" I was like "mmmm I don't know just started spraying." So immediately they were both on the phone trying to figure out what to do while I stood at the register and gave out free brewed coffee. Well, what we had left of the last batch we made. About an hour and a half later the repair man came in and said he would have to go get a plug and would be back within the hour. Its funny how I hadn't been really drinking anything all night but once their was no water you wouldn't believe how thirsty I was! I had to resort to drinking plain milk since if I drank the coffee we would have none to give away. So 45min later the man came back and after close to 3 hours of no coffee we were able to start making it again. Of course no one really came in after that but you know we were ready.

1 Comments:

At 9:09 PM , Blogger Joanne said...

Way funny! In a warped sorta way :)

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home