Thursday, December 14, 2006

Raleighwood

So spur of the moment Alisa and I decided to go see the movie, "Little Miss Sunshine" after working out. Well first let me tell you that Raleighwood isn't just any theatre. No sir. Its a cinema grill! that's right its a full service sit down restaurant where you sit in luxurious computer desk chairs at tables and are able to order food and drink from a server. Thank goodness for the non-smoking policy, which stated, "All shows before 9:00 are smoke-free.Smoking will be allowed in designated areas for shows after 9 pm."

Since it somehow can be spendy to eat and watch the movie we ate before we went. So when we went to purchase our tickets get this......we were carded!!!!!!!! So of course we had to both run back to the car to get our Id's, which Alisa didn't have since I had driven. I think the girl realized how silly her request was when she saw that I was 24 and let us in. (I don't even think I was carded when I was under whatever age is illegal to see R movies!). So without thinking I walked in with my soda from Moe's and we quickly sat down. We weren't exactly at a table and there were more chairs in front of us so we immediately put our feet on those chairs. A few minutes later a man came from behind and said "you can't have drinks from outside in here" and I immediately apologized realizing how silly it was for me to bring it in. As grabbed it he quickly snatched it out of my hands and in a very rude tone said "and while your at it you can take your feet down. As I lifted my feet he ripped the chair from under my feet and spun it around to face forward!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! We were both in such shock that neither of us said another word for a few minutes.

The only thing I think I am really upset about is the fact that the man who rudely ripped the chair from under my feet was probably the manager and there is not a thing that can be done about his behavior. Were guessing he thought we were punk teens there to cause trouble (although obviously they card there and since apparently it was rated R no such kids would be in there). I suppose next time I will stick with Regal Cinemas. (Oh and in case you didn't catch sarcasm...this was a crappy theatre and I think we were doing the chairs a favor by putting our feet on them!)

So a big thank you to the manager of Raleighwood who really put me in a great mood to enjoy the rest of the film. Gosh almost felt like I had left the south my beloved Bible belt.

2 Comments:

At 7:15 PM , Blogger Joanne said...

Maybe you better not go to Dollywood. I will tell everyone I know not to go to Raleighwood! Don't make me come there and bop him!

 
At 2:25 PM , Blogger Chris Steele said...

So, it's not exactly like the McMenamin's theaters in Oregon...pity.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home