Summer Merritt

So tonight I went to Summer's senior art show at Biola. You can kinda see some of her work in the background, that thing behind us was actually on sale in New York last semester! and people wanted to buy it! I am sure most of her inspiration comes from her freshmen year roommate at Western Baptist but thats another story. Anyway if you want to check out her stuff she has a website. www.summermerritt.com. Her stuff is really cool....she of course had to explain it to me first...that's when I decided it was really cool. She studied psychology and that is her emphasis in the art. If your looking on the website and see the design that is behind us, its the same drawing 3 times with different indentations, which make it appear different. Her example to me is that when she is with her art friends, they talk about art and do artsy things...when she is with her soccer friends, they talk about soccer and probably speak in a different lingo....when she is with her family its different from both those things. So its 3 different sorta personalities but all the same person. I thought it was cool. Anyway, she is moving to New York in January to persue these art dreams! Go Summy!

3 Comments:
yay!
HEY.... so i didn't even know you had a blog spot,,, but i found this linked to my page. Thanks for caring about what I'm doing. It's really exciting and encouraging to have others enthusiastic about it with me. So good to see you... and its true, i would not be the person i am today without that year with you. :)
That is cool--she does look artsy with that shirt :).
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home