She said Yes
Recently my roommate came across this book and knew I would like it and so it ended up on my nightstand for about a month before I finally picked it up this week and read it. "She said Yes" is the story of Cassie Bernall, the girl who when asked if she was a Christian during the Columbine High School shootings....said yes, and paid with her life. I know I am about 7 years behind in reading this but I am glad I did. All I knew about the girl was that she said yes and was murdered a second later. I didn't know that in the years leading up to this she had given her soul to Satan and battled daily with parents who were not only scared for her life but afraid for their own. I didn't realize she was headed down the very path that her killers were on just a few years before her death.
The book is just another reminder of Gods power to save those who we think can't be saved and it shows His protection and guidance in her life even when it appeared He was gone. In one of her letters to a friend that was found after her death she said this,"I am just so thankful to God for everything He's done for me, as well as for others. Even when things are bad, He's stood next to me and things are a little less prone to becoming blown out of proportion by my emotions...you know, I wonder what God is going to do with my life. Like my purpose. Some people become missionaries and things, but what about me? What does God have in store for me? where do my talents ad gifts lie? For now, I'll just take it day by day. I'm confident that I'll know someday. Maybe I'll look back at my life and think "Oh, so that was it!" Isn't it amazing, this plan we're a part of?..." June 28, 1998. (Yeah wow!) This note is even crazier when you read back a few chapters and see the letters her parents found when she was in junior high that talked about her and her friend killing her parents. Anyway it was a cool book to read and a good reminder to not take a day for granted.
"It is easy to die for Christ. It is hard to live for him. Dying takes only an hour or two, but to live for Christ means to die daily. Only during the few years of this life are we given the privilege of serving each other and Christ...We shall have heaven forever, but only a short time for service here, and therefore we must not waste the opportunity." Sadhu Sundar Singh

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home