Friday, December 15, 2006

The South Ain't Perfect-Raleighwood's reply!

Well...even after venting in my blog and to a few friends I was still a little upset about what had happened at the movie so I decided to find a website. I found one for the theatre and it had a "corporate" email address so I thought I would try emailing. I started with saying that I am sure my email would mean nothing since I am probably emailing the manager right now who was probably the man who I had the confrontation with. My email turned into a rather large apology because for one, I have been in the man's shoes. I explained how silly I was for forgetting about the soda and bringing it in and how thoughtless I had been to put my feet on the chairs. I apologized for disrespecting the building but also did make sure to say I thought the situation was handled wrong. Humbleness sucks sometimes. Here was his response:

Thank You For Your You E mail... The Man was not the Manager 'The Man' It was Me the owner of the business....
So you walked past two signs which said " No outside Food or Beverages Allowed in the Theater' You thought you would be welcome in our restaurant with your drinks from someplace else??? Did you think Raleighwood was a State Campground.. Hey, Phony why did you try to hide your 'Outside Food and Beverage" under your seat ???? Go to Moe's and watch their movies!!
Should we have put up a sign that said " Please don't put your feet on our chairs'. Please, I have raised four daughters and now am blessed with four grandchildren. It's really embarrassing to explain common courtesy and manners. Do us a favor and don't come back.


Hey here's the deal...you should go to the Blue Ridge.

So wow...the south does breed mean people too I guess. It took everything I had not to email fighting back but in the end I knew it wouldn't matter. Cause someone who responds to a forgotten soda like that must have a lot more going on and apparently must have some deep rooted anger or pain to respond in such a way. I am not sure why it really matters to me so much but his email really did hurt my feelings. I emailed him once again (holding back what I really wanted to say) and let him know I was truly sorry for disrespecting his business and I should have known better. I also rather tastefully explained that I wasn't raised in a home where putting my feet up was wrong but should have paid more attention to my environment. I don't think I have ever apologized so much for such a seemingly silly thing. I really hope he doesn't feel like this every time something like this happens...what a life. Anyway, I kinda hope he doesn't respond again but in case he does I am preparing myself for much more sarcasm and hurtful words. Just gotta remember he doesn't know me and the poor man must really hate his job!

Ok I have to let the sarcasm out at some point. Here are some of my actual thoughts...things I would have loved to say:
Did he really think I would go back? he he he. Like it was some sort of memorable experience. A warm fun environment to bring my friends and family. If you read my first email you would probably wonder too why he was being so defensive. Like why he thought I was complaining about bringing my soda in and him taking it away. You know those pesky 24 year olds sneaking in the half empty sodas. My fault I totally got a rush out of it. I am soooooo cool! hiding it under my chair cause there was no where else to put it. HA HA HA. Its funny cause he just did not read into my first email. I apologized for bringing in the dang soda! Oh wait...I'm phony! ha ha ha I love that. Or wait...he's right I thought it was a campground....even brought my sleeping bag and hot dogs. Dang it! tricky theatre. Thought I was gonna be camping and then all of a sudden surprise! its a movie! I wish Moe's did have movies! It must be a good feeling to raise 4 perfect daughters. Wow. I bet they never did anything wrong or made any mistakes. AMAZING. Gosh I wish I could be perfect just like him. He taught them amazing manners. I wonder if he also taught them the lets through the chair into the wall move. That was slick. I hope he taught them this way of tactfully handling customers who make mistakes.

9 Comments:

At 12:46 PM , Blogger KeriAnn said...

cynthia, you should give all your friends his email and we should all email him and tell him that he's lost our business because of the way he's treated a "valuable customer"....even though we live 3,000 miles away. he won't know right? hehehe hey, what ever happened to the saying "the customer is always right"? hmmm, maybe that's why his business and life is so run-down. just a thought.

 
At 2:29 PM , Blogger Chris Steele said...

Oh my word--I am livid right now.

 
At 3:55 PM , Blogger Joanne said...

Okay so I think we should all go there together, bring in sodas and put our feet on the chairs, let him try to take my feet off the chairs. I'm furious big time. Even our letters where folks have written to the farm, I answered them respectfully. BRING IT ON MR. you don't mess with my perfect children that way. Oh he is going to get it someday. I will be praying for him. He has issues, oh wait, I should mail him my issues shirt!! hahah

 
At 8:45 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

Oh wow. What a huge jerk. He needs to go get some Nordstrom's training at being nice to customers. Unbelieveable. I'm surprised anyone goes back there. I'm in a total state of shock.

COME BACK TO CALIFORNIA!!! At least we expect to run into fruits and nuts!!!

You go girl. We love you.

 
At 11:58 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I can't believe this guy was able to become an owner of anything. He probably was not able to hold a job working for anyone else. I also would feel sorry for his "PERFECT" daughters and grandchildren when they go to the state park and can't disrespect the rocks and trees by puting their feet on them.

 
At 11:37 AM , Blogger Sarah said...

wow - that's quite an email response. maybe you could send it in to a newspaper - like for the opinion section or something. or submit to the better business bureau or somthing.

 
At 9:15 AM , Blogger amberlee said...

hahahahahaha, what a jerk! If I ever come out there, were totally going and bringing sleepingbags and McDonalds!!! :)

 
At 1:52 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sarah's right ... send it as a letter to the editor ... that'll really piss the guy off.

Also, you forgot to mention that 'Little Miss Sunshine' is AMAZING!

 
At 4:57 PM , Blogger Cindy Fleischhauer said...

Alright well in case anyone is checking on this I did send a couple letters into the paper here...and so did my sister ;) Ill post again if anything comes of it.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home